If I Post A Non-Slash Story, Would Anyone Read It?

Now, I'm not saying that writing slash stories is bad thing, but honestly that is all I see on Mibba. They are indeed very well written for the most part and most of the slashes are original, but can't you anyone try to go down a different road? Writing stories is more than just boy on boy love. It's cute, adorable, heartbreaking and overflowing with joy but sometimes you may want to venture into something that's not always that. Now I have written slash stories on here, but I have lost my writing capabilities to continue them -for now anyways- without them sounding rushed and incomplete. So, I moved onto writing something that is completely different. It is love, but on a whole different scale.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you two stories that I have not posted yet called Insanity and Journey into Darkness. Yes, the titles are a bit intimidating and could cause you not to read these stories, but do give them a chance,yes?

Here are what they're both about:

Insanity
~Based on the album On Frail Wings of Vanity and Wax by Alesana

A lone Lord, Alexander Bladwell falls ill to insanity as his loneliness consumes him whole. He is desperate to find a woman to not only love, but bear a child under his name for he does not want his kingdom to fall into nothing. But one fateful day the woman of his choosing finds out about his dark secret and is now destined to put an end to this madness.

Journey into Darkness
~Based on the album A Place Where The Sun Is Silent by Alesana and Inferno by Dante Alighieri (well the band based their album off that book by Dante c:)

On an island of the decayed a man stood, staring longingly at the sun. How he wished he could be reunited with the one he loved so dearly, for she was taking away from him by a deadly sickness. One that crept upon the two lovers’ one day and sucked the soul from her body; making her ever so lifeless. Oh, how the poor man wept. It went on for days, for weeks, for months and the finally a voice came to him one day. Telling him how he could see his lover once more, if he should listen to the voice. The man consumed by such joy about seeing his lover again followed the voice off the island of the decayed and into a deadly forest of wandering souls.

I have written chapters for both of them and would love to post these stories and get some good feed back. Something more than just a "Oh, I love this story! Continue writing!" or something along those lines. I want to improve on my skills as a writer and I do want to have some supportive criticism to those two stories specifically.

If anyone can, I need help finding good pictures to make a layouts for those stories. I'm good with making the layout itself and such, it's just I need a picture that can someone relate to the stories at hand. Please send me a comment or inbox message leaving a picture if you can. If not, then I hope you read my stories if you find something like them interesting.
March 26th, 2012 at 03:23am