Ramble IV

so in my experience, only douchebags wear white sunglasses. it's true. think about it... makes sense.

so now that's out of my system...

i'm a curious person and i've always wondered if a person's sexuality is much of a big deal nowadays. don't get me wrong, people use the term "gay" in disrespectful ways as well as the "F" word (lol, i don't even like to type it) but maybe the whole not-straight population just see us "queer folk" like people see a person's skin color.

as in, people notice and acknowledge but just don't give a fuck... for the most part. perhaps it's in the area i live in or the people i associate with.

so i wanna start a conversation with you guys and i stress that you don't have to participate if you're uncofortable with the topic, but it'd be nice to see what people think and where they come from with their thinking.

so to start, i'm pansexual and moderately proud. since i came out i've realized that the world isn't out to get me for that. i guess that's what growing up is, finding out that the world doesn't give a shit and since i found that out, i've stopped trying to prove my sexuality to everyone.

i also think that the govornment should do away with marriage in legal documents and just have civil unions, but keep the same benifits as a marriage would. marriage, i think, is a religion thing and should be up to the religious institution on who they marry but it should only be recognised by religious institutions. it should be kept seperate from the state. that way individuals of the same sex can have a civil union in the state they're in and if they get a marriage certificate, it'll follow them wherever they go. idk if it's really that simple though, lol.

anyways i've got some questions for y'all.

I. so what is you're take on sexual preferences? do you think there are too many that discribe the same thing or do you believe that each one is different?

II. are there some sexual orientations that you don't agree with or belive are made up?

III. what's you're favorite food? (lol just being random)

IV. what do you belive is right or wrong with the way marriage is handled?

V. do you think gender is a spectrum or pretty black and white based on a person's sex
- i belive it's a spectrum where people can be anwhere on it as well as being placed outside of it.

so, just curious on people's thoughts. sorry if this is really wierd. :)
March 26th, 2012 at 09:54am