Something I wrote In English

I starred in the mirror looking at my cold blue eyes for the past few years I have been hiding who I am. I’ve essentially been living a lie, hiding myself in a past I regret. Although I have changed my name, my identity, and my life’s story, to me I will always be the kid who grew up in little Horseheads, New York. To the public eye I am Mike Wolf, successful writer, film director, producer, and entrepreneur. I can only hope that my real past does not come out. For the past I made up and have told to others seems more normal.
I grew up in a middle class suburban neighborhood outside Newark, New Jersey, Living with both my parents and one older brother with two huskies. I graduated high school almost at the top of my class and decided to enroll in to New York Film Academy.
The mirror captured every dilation of my eye showing my story to be a lie. As for I knew I grew up somewhat poor and had to work for everything I’ve ever wanted. I did have an older brother but I lived with my father as my mother joined the army. Both my parents eventually split up and went their separate ways. Growing up I knew I did not want this to be my life. So hiding almost every aspect of it would be okay. Although I have tried to keep in touch with some old friends they would eventually fade away.
Although my image was fake every story or film I have ever created was based on the events in my real life. Doing this would help me not crumble in a pool of lies. For the depression I had was real and the fake smiles I showed fooled the rest of society. My past is not something I am proud of, but no matter what it is still my past, and no matter what I cannot change the way things are. There will always be regrets, but beyond this we have a life that is solely ours and no one can change that. For I know deep inside I will always be Michael Patrick.
March 29th, 2012 at 10:03pm