I kind of ,sort of, maybe hate being everybody's Superman.

You know that one friend that's always there for you, no matter what? Yea, that would be me. Any of my friends, or sometimes even people I barely know, are having a problem, and I always give them an ear. It doesn't matter what it is, I'm always willing to listen. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than willing to help my friends, but sometimes what they tell me hurts me and I can't tell them. Take for example, talking to a friend about how she shouldn't gibe up on this guy she really likes, even when he's still in love with his ex. Imagine trying to tell her to not give up, and to try to convince him to make up his mind. Not only that, but this is the same girl I may or may not be currently, how do I put this in a non desperate sounding fashion, madly obsessed and in love with. The same one I've cried myself to sleep over countless times in the past few months. The worst part of it is, I don't even really know her. Sure, we've been friends online for a while, we've shared personal information, we've Skyped, I made plans to at one point come and visit her, but I don't really know. And yet, I think about her more than any girl I've ever known, more than any I know here. But enough shameless self loathing, this probably isn't something people care much about. This wasn't even supposed to end up being about her, just about stuff in general, but whatever. All I'm saying is, sometimes even Superman needs help.
March 31st, 2012 at 11:42am