A passing thought...

Hello my beautiful reader,
I'm feeling rather philosophical today. I believe it is down to the fact i have spent the day procrastinating and thinking is the only thing that doesn't require me to move but whatever.

So i've been thinking about what life truly is. I'm not an amazingly deep person, but i believe i see things that many miss or maybe i just have to much time on my hands and i should get back to writing. Which reminds me i REALLY need to start writing again. It's been about a month since i sat down with the intention to finish a couple more chapters and it's actually completely affecting my life. I guess writing to me is more therapy than anything else.

Apologizing for my complete digression there, although you can't really digress from something which is about what you are thinking because by writing something else you are thinking about is actually still sticking to the topic if you can even class it as a topic so i guess i don't apologize.

Anyway, what i have spent my day thinking about is not the eternal question of the meaning of life but the goal of life. It occurred to me that the real goal or quest in life is to not do anything. It probably sounds stupid but think about it we go to school to get qualifications, to get a job, to make money to, in the end retire comfortably and be happy. Everything in life is excess and we only do things because in the world today you have to pay to do nothing except when you're just born or when you're dead.

It makes me wonder if the reason we don't know the meaning of life is because we're not living, to preoccupied trying to work our way around the puppet masters of the world's ideas of happiness and when we are allowed it.

I guess the area between heaven and hell is actually the worst damnation of both.
It's just one boys crazy view but i would love to hear yours.
I'm T0M and this was a psycho's daydream.
March 31st, 2012 at 07:27pm