My All American Rejects Meet and Greet Experience.

My sister, best friend, and I started getting ready for the concert at around one in the afternoon. We wanted to make sure that we got a good spot on the floor so we could actually see the band. The three of us made sure we had everything (cameras, money, phones, ect) and we left my room at around 2:30. We made it to the Dome a short amount of time later and we got in line. Much to our surprise there were only two other people in line besides us. We thought that there would be a few more people than that. After overcoming the shock over how little people there were we sat down and waited until my sister and I had to leave for meet and greet. Unfortunately, it was extremely windy outside and thus it was super cold outside which was not a pleasant experience.
At around 4:30 my sister and I left to meet up with out meet and greet group. We were supposed to meet at 5 but they were running a little bit behind schedule which was a little upsetting. All I wanted to do was go inside and escape the cold because it was starting to become unbearable, but it wasn’t much longer before the person in charge of meet and greet let us in.

The person in charge of meet and greet took roll to see if everyone was there and much to my surprise, only 19 people were there. I thought that there was going to be at least 30 or something, but that was okay. It just meant we got to spend more time with the band - which is always a good thing.

After roll was taken we were let into the Dome and we went straight for the merch table. That is one of my favorite things about concerts - the merch. My sister and I were like the 5th and 6th people in line and the people in front of us could not decide what they wanted. My sister and I took a short glance at the stuff they had and we knew immediately what we wanted. I guess the merch guy overheard us talking and he came right over to us and let us purchase our shirts. He completely skipped over everyone in front of us and we were the first to buy merch which was amazing.

After we got done buying our shirts we had to wait till everyone else was done before we could proceed and meet the band. My sister and I used this time to go to the bathroom and get some water so we were not dying later on. I guess people didn’t realize that there was going to be merch because they didn’t bring any money with them and they used the ATM machines in the building. That took quite a bit of time and it slightly irritated me, but that happens.

Finally after everyone had their merch they did another head count to see if all 19 people were there and it was time to meet the band. At this point I was extremely excited because this was my first ever meet and greet. We got down to the field and noticed the busses and I just had to take a photo of it because seeing two tour busses on an indoor football field was funny to me.

After that we got in line and I noticed Chris and Mike were getting ready to meet everyone. Tyson showed up a few seconds later. Nick wasn’t there, but I do have a funny story about him.

Once Tyson showed up this one girl literally fainted and started crying. She was the only one to do that and it shocked me. I mean, I wouldn’t ever do that in front of my favorite band, but that’s just me.

Everyone went straight to Tyson while my sister and I went to Chris and Mike because they were the first two to show up and the line was shorter. My sister and I each got our Disneyland lanyards signed and photos with them.

The girls in front of us were irritating my sister and I because we were only supposed to get one thing signed. They each got two posters signed and one of them was double sided and they made the guys sign both sides of the poster which was a tad bit annoying.
Chris was a little stone faced throughout the meet and greet, but Mike was extremely nice which didn’t come as a surprise to me.

Mike and I:

Image

Up next was meeting Tyson. He is so tall in person it’s crazy. My sister and I looked like dwarfs next to him. He again signed our Disneyland lanyards and this led up to one of the best parts of the meet and greet. We started talking about Disneyland and I told him Disneyland is the shit. Tyson told us that he went there like 20 times last summer. I then told him that my sister and I also went there last summer as a high school graduation present. For some reason, this made him really confused and he thought that my sister and I graduated college a few weeks ago. I had to tell him again that we are freshman in college and we went to Disneyland last summer as a high school graduation present. He finally understood what I meant and we had a laugh about it. We then took our pictures with him.

Tyson and I:

Image

After we met Tyson we said thank you and he said, “Have a good day sweeties.” With that we finished our meet and greet and we proceeded to go to the designated area for those who finished with their meet and greets. During this time I was hanging out with my sister and I was taking pictures of the backstage area when I stepped back and I noticed this guy comes out of nowhere behind me and I almost knocked him over. I looked at who it was and I couldn’t really tell who it was. I looked again and I realized it was Nick. I almost knocked over Nick from the All American Rejects. I was so tempted to ask him for a picture, but he was doing something and I didn’t want to interrupt it. When I was 13 I had a fangirl crush on him so I really wanted a picture with him, but he was busy.

After the meet and greet was over we got a group picture with the band and we got to wait inside the Dome to get our floor seat bracelets right as soon as doors opened. My sister and I made a beeline for the barricade and once the show started I realized we were in front of Nick the entire time. I got a lot of pictures of him because I didn’t get to meet him.
April 3rd, 2012 at 10:14pm