I can't get my point across.

I’ve been in a situation before where I was being spoken to, but my mind was in a total different place. I’ll remember something funny and I’ll laugh abruptly, whether the speaker made a joke or not. Whoever was speaking to me immediately thinks they’re a comedian, when in reality, they have no idea.

I’m usually (more than 50% of the time) somewhere inside my head, thinking things over, over-analyzing, predicting scenarios, weighing odds, or thinking about something totally irrelevant. I guess that's just how my brain works.

I actually realized that today, I was thinking of more than one thing at a time during my first period. My mind and my mouth work at two different speeds, and are usually not on the same page. Therefore, making it hard to comprehend what I’m actually trying to say. And it just makes everything I say all jumbled up and confusing. I'm assuming that is why I have such a hard time explaining things. And summarizing things.

HOLY POOP, I have a terrible time summarizing. I think it's mainly because I like details, and if I leave a detail (that I think is important) out, I feel like I'm depriving you of something significant.

Am I just mentally irregular?
April 5th, 2012 at 04:39am