Escape The Fate concert journal or whatever

So, I nearly never post journals on this site but my dear friend Juliet (penny taylor.) has inspired me. I suppose this is essentially just a concert review to express my feelings about a lovely concert I attended on Friday (the 13th, yes.) :D

It was a totally last minute thing, like I got tickets Thursday night and everything. I hadnt listened to much ETF since Ashley was my ringtone in seventh grade, but I saw their show last year and it was great, plus i was suffering from pretty intense mosh withdrawal. It was pretty incredible, totally worth the $25. My friend Careeena and I got all dressed up like scene kids, which was a major blast from the past, and bussed down to Denver right after school.

Secrets was on first and they were kinda dreadful - the singer was sick and there was a half-assed circle pit going but nothing fun. At least they were attractive.

Mest was on next and they got the crowd a little more pumped up but their music wasn't very good. The singer was fucking crazy and jumped down from the balcony once.

It prett much went uphill from there. The Word Alive was lovely. Their singer was pretty hilarious and I crowdsurfed, somehow managing to cross over another surfer and hit my head on the barrier, but by the time I got back into the pit I found a few chill people and got my energy back.

Attack Attack! were on next and were easily the highlight of the show. I went pretty crazy in the circle pit and the wall of death during the beginning of their set, managing to fall twice, trash my jeans, and fuck up about the entire left side of my body. I also got to hold the singer's hand and a cute boy who'd given me a thumbs up during TWA sorta found me once I got back into te main crowd and got his arms around me and protected me from the ridiculous onslaught of crowdsurfers who I think kinda fucked up my arms and neck and that was really lovely. He disappeared between sets but I got loads of free water from the bouncers, who were surprisingly nice. I sorta felt like throwing up by then since I'd only eaten an apple and half a bagel all day but it was still pretty neat.

By the time Escape The Fate got on, nearly half the crowd was gone and the remaining group was really zombied out and chill. The cute boy found me again and we just kinda held each other and danced~ and it felt great. I barely recognized any of the songs off of their setlist, but they did play Ashley and 10 Miles Wide and This War Is Ours. I had to leave early cause my parents are weird about rides so I didn't get the cute boy's number or anything, sadly, but I managed to get to nearly second base with a stranger and make Careena significantly jealous. It was great.

The morning after was a nightmare of soreness and bruises, and my left bicep and calf are an absolute mess of gorgeous purple. All in all, best show I've been to in a while and I reccomend you all go see th tour should it come through your town. (:
April 16th, 2012 at 06:55am