Personal Opinions Would Be Much Appreciated!

I require your humble opinion on two things:

1.) I made my first contest on the site. But, I have absolutely no idea what is acceptable for prizes. Opinions please? By the way, in case anyone is interested my contest is about people that are doing harm to themselves, such as by doing something dangerous like drugs or street racing, it can be about someone who literally harms his/her self by cutting, or something much more common place such as consuming too much alcohol or smoking cigarettes. The contest is called I Will Be The Death Of Me (Persons That Participate In Self Destructive Behavior).

My Contest

2.) I am afraid my story is going to sound like a cliche now that everything I previously wrote is gone. I felt like I wrote the first three chapters amazingly, to the extent that I think they may have possibly been the best chapters/pieces I have written thus far! I promise you, it did not sound like a cliche at the time (that time being before I lost the chapters and have to write them all over again.) Please, does this sound too cliche that it'll scare people away from reading it?

Its a story about a girl who helps out this guy that she never really liked before. She keeps it from her friends and family because she's too afraid of what they'll think. She ends up turning into her real self (not acting like someone her family and friends expect her to be) and her friends and parents find out about the new people she's been hanging around with and a hard decision ensues.

Sound sh*tty?
--
So... Yeah.
Prizes?
Too cliche?
April 16th, 2012 at 05:05pm