College Woes

I don't ususally post journals on here, but I just really need to get this off my chest.

I am in my senior year in high school and I've been going through the awful college search process. I have good grades, good extracurriculars, and have generally worked really hard in school for as long as I can remember, but I got waitlisted by my dream school a few weeks ago.

Honestly, I'm crushed. My mom keeps telling me I need to submit my deposit to my second choice school in order to have somewhere to go in the fall, but I just can't. I used to be so excited for college, and now I don't even want to think about it. All the joy and excitement has just...gone. I just can't see myself living happily at my second choice school, I loved the first one THAT much. And it doesn't help that my mom is saying things like "I warned you this might happen" like she knew I wasn't good enough to be accepted, and "You can always go to community college for a year, or (insert anonymous state schoo here)." WHY does she think I would be happy with that when I wanted to go to a prestigioius private school?

Did anyone else have this experience? Advice? I just don't know what to do anymore.
April 17th, 2012 at 03:21am