The Hunger games is being banned in schools, and yet lord of the flies is mandatory?// Something about teenagers these days I'll never understand.

Apparently the Hunger Games is too violent for students to be reading in school, so some schools have started to ban it. Yet at the same time, Lord of the Flies is one of the most common novel studies books in all of Canada, if not the rest of North America, based on the people I've talked to online.

Maybe it's just me, but violence-wise, I'd rather my kids, in the future of course, reading the hunger games than the lord of the flies. At least in the Hunger games they try to stop the violence, still with more violence, but at least it does stop.

So, this doesn't apply to all teenagers, just about half my schools population.

Why must they write 4:20 on everything! It does not make you cool, in fact, it's quite lame. There's nothing worse than coming into the yearbook room for my yearbook class and finding the kid doing an online course in here used all the yearbook committees sticky notes to write "4:20" and paste it all over the room.

Seriously? Was that even necessary? No, no it was not.

My rants are done for the day. Now to work on my writing class assignment. Wish me luck!<3
April 18th, 2012 at 04:19pm