Making friends and long term goals.

I just wrote a story about an alien invasion for my creative writing class. I was going to write about zombies, but I get pretty graphic with the walking dead and I don't need people giving me strange looks, so I opted for alien abduction instead. I'm actually really nervous about having this one critiqued because I feel like it's utter crap. I don't watch a lot of invasion movies or read a lot of those types of books and I just know it's not up to par.

In other news, I'm trying to make a new friend. He's this really quiet guy, a year younger than me, and he's cute. He's been hanging around the class room after class and sort of talking with the group of kids I've become friends with, and I think if he's still hanging around next week I'll see if he has to be anywhere or if he'd like to come chill with us. We really don't do anything but sit around campus and talk about whatever, sometimes eat lunch. But he's really nice and I feel bad for not including him. I'm actually feeling guilty about not telling him bye today. He just kind of lingered on the edge of the group and then left.

The least I can do is tell him bye at the end of class.

Anyway, I'm going to try and expand my zombie story I have posted here into an actual novel. That and a lot of new and old ideas. I want to have a novel published by the time I'm 25. I have 5 years to get it done. I think I can do it, even if I end up self publishing a book of bad poetry or short stories it will be done. That is one of my goals.
April 20th, 2012 at 08:23am