"OMG, it's FourTwenty!" says the girl that doesn't even smoke pot.

I'm much to fabulous to intoxicate my flawless body with wretched chemicals knows as mary-jew-wanna.I'm way too cool to smoke 

Ha, I kid. To those whom indulge them self in such activies in 4/20 no hate to you. Do yo' thang xD 

I myself am proudly straight Edge. I just don't do like that things. 

Here are some fun facts I Yahoo'd (seriously who uses google? Not I!) about 4/20

BEHOLD! hence the bold lettering. See what I did there? the story of FourTwenty

More than 30 years ago, explains snopes.com (a website devoted to explaining urban legends), 4-20 began its journey into our common language as a bit of slang casually used by a group of high school kids in California. 4-20 “came to be an accepted part of the argot within that group of about a dozen pot smokers, beginning as a reminder of the time they planned to meet to light up, 4:20 p.m. Keep in mind this wasn't a general call to all dope smokers everywhere to toke up at twenty past four every day; it was twelve kids who'd made a date to meet near a certain statue. It's thus incorrect to deem that '420' originated as a national or international dope-smoking time, even though the term began as a reference to a particular time of day.  These days '420' is used as a generic way of declaring one likes to use marijuana or just as a term for the substance itself.”

Site credit

What does 420 mean? 

There are varying theories on the origin of 420. Some say that 420 originated from a police code that announces marijuana use is taking place. Yet another story is that a group of guys (Waldo's) in the 1970's made 4:20 their official meeting time to smoke marijuana after school. Whether or not 4:20 p.m. is the best time of day for your first hit depends on your own body, your own needs. Some folks feel that waiting until 4:20 enhances ones appreciation of the herb. Of course, your mileage may vary. 

& Some people said pot smokers were oblivious? Psh...

When the 420 icon is somehow discreetly worked into a mainstream product like a film, marijuana users take notice. The film Pulp Fiction is rumored to have had all clocks throughout the movie set to 4:20. Marijuana smokers familiar with the symbol picked up on it—most people, however, did not.

Warning to those who do not indulge in such activies!

 The significance of 420 has been kept underground and is mostly known only among marijuana smokers. Many non-smokers aren't aware of the symbolism when they see someone wearing a T-shirt or baseball cap that says 420 across the front. 

site credit 

Daija, if you're edge why are writing & researching all of this? Or encouraging people to smoke weed

Well dear lovelies, I encourage people to do whatever it is they love. I try to be as open minded & acceptable others for whom ever they are. ( I know first hand how it feels to be discouraged, put down & rejected by the people who mean the most to you) What ever makes someone happy or feel good go for it. I just personally rather have my noose buried in a book & earbuds in rather than get high. 

To each is own. To each is own. 

What's your opinions on this underground Holiday? I would love read your comments. 

Til then <3LessThanThree   
 
April 20th, 2012 at 09:16pm