Since Some People Were Offended By My Last Journal, I'd Like To Defend My Views And Give You All Some Statistics

If you didn't already know, last night I posted a journal about abortion, and yes, I know it's a very touchy subject, but I just had to say something about it. I knew people would get offended about it, and they did. So, back to defend my point, I'm here to give you some statistics:

Many people brought up that a women who is raped shouldn't have to carry through with the pregnancy if she doesn't want to, but did you know:

"How many rape pregnancies are there? The answer is that, according to statistical reporting, there are no more than one or two pregnancies resultant from every 1,000 forcible rapes." And did you know that only 1% of abortions are because a women was raped? "93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient). And also, did you know that most women who are raped, actually want to keep the child, but are pressured by friends/family to get an abortion? And that most rape victims actually chose to give birth and keep the baby? So, yeah, you can argue that point all you want, but the facts show that is rare. And even if you want to argue that point still, in the case of that rare case, let me ask you: should the child be punished because the father's crime? Most people seem to forget, that even if you are raped, that baby is not only the father's, it's also half of you.

Another point was that the women shouldn't be saddled with the responsibility of raising a child if she's not ready for it, or financially ready. First of all, the government will give you welfare, child support, and will pay for childcare for you while you are working/going to college. There are even scholarships for women with children that are not wed to the fathers.

People bring up the point that maybe the woman isn't ready to be a mother. First of all, there are free classes out there that are convenient for women to take that will teach you how to raise a child and even help you through it. And second, the option that everybody loves to hate on, is adoption. People argue that if you give your baby up, if will go to an unloving family that will abuse it. That is not the case. There are tons of loving families that want to adopt babies and care for them. I will admit that If you choose a closed adoption, there is a possibility that the child will go to a family that may abuse it, however unlikely, because you don't know the family, or even where your baby is going, nor can you check up on it. However, the better option, is an open adoption. With this the mother will be able to chose the family her baby is going to, and she will be able to visit it to see that it's properly taken care of.

People have also brought up that the mother may have complications and her life may be at risk. Maybe I share a personal story? My friend Gus's mother was told when she was pregnant that her life was at risk and was advised to get an abortion. She refused, and while there were complications during the birth and pregnancy, he was born healthy and his mother was fine too. Now, let's say there is a women who is pregnant and doesn't want to take the risk that she might die, should she get an abortion? I still say no. I say instead, to wait. Who knows? Maybe the birth will go fine, but what if it doesn't? Then if the mother is about to die during the birth then by all means, if you have to get rid of the baby then, do everything to save her life. That's how I see if. Why kill the child as a pre-caution when they can wait and see how it goes, and if things go sour, then can fix it then.

Another point that wasn't brough up, that I still know of, is what if the unborn baby has a handicap or some sort of disformity? My response to that arguement: Are you serious? You think the baby should die just because they have a dysfunction? Do you think all people should be killed if they have a handicap or are deformed? Some claim their life will be bad because of it, therefore we should just put them out of their misery before it even begins. My questions is, how can you determine how their life will be before they're even born? They may live a very happy life. You can't automatically say they'll live a bad life just because of a handicap or deformity. Some babies who are born like that even surpass what is expected of them and actually do pretty well in life. Case closed on that one.

There is one big point that everyone wants to argue that can never be solved: is the unborn baby really a human or just a clump of cells? Well I believe it's not a clump of cells, and you believe it is. We can't really scientifically say whether it is or not. However, if you are a Christian, or believe in the bible, I can give you verses on how God considers in a human. If you are not, well then we will have to wait until the scientists can determine that. But think about this for a minute. Please, just give it some thought: What if the unborn baby is a human? Then that means that we've been murdering innocent humans beings since 1973. You may think, 'well, yeah, but it's not a human' but really, do you want to take that chance?

Sources I used if you wanna double check the facts:

Abortion Statistics

Christian Life Resources

If you have questions about other stuff I stated that I didn't give statistics for, then go ahead and ask for them and I'll give them to you.

Random fact: 1/3 of our generation has been wiped out due to abortion. That person could have been your best friend, your boyfriend/girlfriend, or even someone who may have changed your life in some big or small way.
April 22nd, 2012 at 04:29am