Musing to self, I guess.

I came to a realization today.

I am excessively plain.

Physically, of course, as well as my personality. I have mousy brown hair. Droopy eyebrows, small eyes, short lashes. Bump on the nose, very small mouth, a forehead that slopes too much for comfort. Kind of pale. Average height. Average weight. Dull voice.

Actually, calling myself plain might be a bit generous.

And I don't have anything to make up for that. I'm average in niceness. I'm quiet, and shy. I'm not funny. I don't have any real passions that I can speak much of. I mean... I love scuba diving, and I've had some adventures there. I'm actually quite adventurous, when given the opportunity. But I don't get the opportunity, usually. And I love writing, but I can't much talk about it, and I'm not very good. I have some flukes, which are good, but it's mostly subpar.

So no talents to speak of.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I have friends. Or, how I have friends. I'm boring. How can they justify spending time with me? And how does anyone get a crush on me...? That has happened. Maybe they just didn't believe they could do better.

And now there's a guy I like, and I know it's hopeless. Sucks.

Eh. Life.

I'm kind of resigned to not having a prom date. Or a boyfriend. Probably ever. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up never marrying, even though I wish I could.

That would be nice.

But it's too much to expect. I'll have to find something to make life interesting. Something I can do alone, so as not to burden others.
April 26th, 2012 at 02:58am