It might just be a *little* dorky to make your own piano arrangements to the Skyrim soundtrack.

I'm downloading the Skyrim OST right now, but I'll probably be ordering the 4-disk set soon. I just can't wait for it. The music is so great in all the Elder Scrolls games. Anywho, I'm really in love with this one song called "Secunda", and found a great piano arrangement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7jXHHgwa0ow

If you've played the game, you'll probably recognize it right away. It's my absolute favourite song from the game, mostly because it's in the key of C Minor, the absolute greatest key to ever exist. In my opinion. It's hard to explain, but I just absolutely adore it.

It sounds magical, but melancholy at the same time.

Anything played in it looks like northern lights. It’s a very rich, deep blue key. It’s not overly-sad like D minor, but it still has a very sad feeling to it. But not in a bad way.

It feels very secluded like you’re on top of a snowy cliff and it’s a clear night with a half moon lighting the landscape and you can see like little houses beneath you in a little village. You’re alone and enjoying the quiet with only a slight breeze causing little waves to wash up onto the shore of the lake and there’s these huge rock formations in the distance. It’s like sitting on this cliff and just taking in the world around you and smelling the fresh, cold air and looking at the stars that are visible even in the light of the half moon.

Yeah, that's what I think of C Minor.

Anyway...

I'm sort of getting the basic chords and rhythms down and making my own version of the song. I don't know what I would do differently from that video, though. The low bass notes are all in the right place and I don't know how to really make it my own. It will just take some playing, really.
April 27th, 2012 at 06:32am