For once, I know the feel

I woke up yesterday, my phone having many messages from my sister, stating that for the annual Film Festival, they want to bring my all time favorite Latin America Artist, to perform in concert. After reading, I went to search it up, and I saw a post on a news channel, stating that in the afternoon they will confirm to us whether or not said artist is going to come to Aruba or not.

Of course, I had such a fan-girl day, checking the site repeatedly throughout the entire day. And around midnight, I log on and go on the site to check and there, beautifully bolded, is the huge headline stating that "Marc Anthony and Juanes will be performing in the Film Festival"

JUANES

I still have absolutely no idea how I managed to not scream out of pure fan-girl joy.
I have been listening to this man ever since he released his first solo album 'FĂ­jate Bien' in the year 2000, twelve freaking years.

I own all his albums, I know all his songs, and I can sing every lyric.
And I never thought I'd get this chance.
And now he's coming, I only have to wait two months more, and then I can be standing by that stage, singing my lungs out along with that precious human being, and his amazing, music.

Usually when artists like him, come to play here, they play songs we never heard, they don't put on a show, they dress all... 'going to the supermarket' like... because as has been stated before "it's a small unimportant island, who would care".

Juanes is allowed to come in dirty, ripped up clothing, sing two songs, have absolutely no show and I will still have the best night of my life!

I can finally feel what everyone gushes about when they find out their favorite band is coming their way, when they receive their ticket in their hand, when they walk through those doors, when they see them walk on stage. I'm going to finally feel that bliss and excitement.And I'm going to die, a horrid death, if for some stupid ass reason, I end up not being able to go
April 27th, 2012 at 09:18pm