My Best Friend

My childhood was probably different from a lot of kids. I was an only child and my mom was on disability so therefore she stayed home with me. I didn't really get out much back then because my mom was lucky to be alive so she really didn't let me out of her sight. So due to that and the fact that I had no siblings, I had to find ways to entertain myself. By the time I was three I had tons of imaginary friends...hell id given birth like six times and been married and divorced twice( Yeah my mom watched a lot of soap operas.) When I went off to kindergarten I had no idea how to act around other kids...I had the adults down pat, but kids...Ehhhh not so much. I had to learn how to interact with kids, but thankfully I'm a fast learner. So as I got older I made lots of friends, but for some reason I never really thought I fit well with any of them. In grades first through like third I gave everybody money and they always ripped me off, in grades four and five I somehow found friends who liked to bully me and steal, in grades six I found myself being friends with random people, and in seventh grade it did get better, I finally had a group of friends. All my life I thought having a "possey" was what I needed. I felt like I needed to put a label on myself. I thought I either needed to be considered nice, funny, sweet, loud, outspoken, or mean...Something, I didn't know. Like most middle school friendships our group crashed and burned and we all went off in separate ways...No one at fault. When I got to high school, my freshman year was complicated I had lots of friends, not necessarily a group but a lot of friends. It was odd though because hardly none of them talked to each other, the only thing they really had in common was me. I wont sugarcoat it freshman year was just bad...memorable....but crazy. Half of those friendships crashed and burned as well for many reasons. I grew apart from some of them and some just completely screwed me over. However, there was one who never failed to be there each and every time some other idiot let me down. My best friend is someone who I never though would be. We had talked all through school but never enough to call each other friends. I will say its an amazing thing when you find a friend as great as the one that I have. I no longer feel that sense of trying to find myself or trying to make myself something that I'm not. I cant be described in words like I once wanted to be... I'm much more complicated than that and I'm so thankful that I found a friend who truly accepts me for nothing more than me. I finally fit somewhere comfortably, even with all of my ruff edges. I just want to thank my best friend for being the wonderful person and friend that she is. In the past two years you have changed me into a better person, we've had so many good times together and I know that we have many more to come. You are more than a friend you are my sister and I love you.
April 28th, 2012 at 02:58am