if you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

So I usually don't post in the journal section simply because I don't have anything to contribute, but I needed a place to put this where it won't get lost and Mibba seemed the ideal place to do it, since I've basically put part of myself here with my writing. My great-grandma passed today, and while I already basically said my goodbye to her, this can be a final message to her I suppose. I'm just jumping right into it. Sf you read it, thank you, I suppose. If not, thanks for glancing over here regardless.

I'm sorry for running out of the room as fast as I did when I last saw you. I had to make sure Nina was okay. It hurt to see you so frail. but even in that state you were happy to see us and happy in general and not at all negative. when I told you that I loved you when I held your hand for the last time, though, I meant it. More than anything else.

I guess it's for the better. you were ready and at peace. I guess we should be, too - you'd kick us if you saw us now, I'd imagine. I already miss you, though. yeah..I guess when I saw you for the last time, I said my goodbye then, but it's sinking in and I guess it's another slap in the face that you're officially gone.

I'm going to miss you. I'm going to miss how you always would kick everyone's ass when you played 31 with us at family gatherings, like birthdays and the like. I'm going to miss your stories from all the places you've been. I'm going to miss the food you'd make. I'm going to miss how we'd joke around and be reminded of how we get our stubborn nature from you. I'm just going to miss you so much.

Give Great-Grandpa lots of love from all of us here. I'll see you again one day. I love you.
April 29th, 2012 at 03:52am