I Built This Wall To Keep From Getting Hurt.. Good luck getting it down...

Some people don't understand what that means so I'll define it for you:
"Some people build walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.."

It's a defense mechanism. It built from life experiences (negative, hurtful ones - can be many or one sever - which can also determine the strength of the wall). You can't break it down. Only the person who built the wall could choose to let you in. They don't open the door for just anyone and it can take a long time). But doors can be opened. When they do open the door, it may only be a little at a time. But it's worth the wait - and they usually have a lot to offer on the inside.

I wish i knew someone that has helped me open up to let them in.. but everyone i have ever let in, always breaks me and the wall from them; my wall of secrets and pain goes back up. Many have tried.. failed and left to get my wall down. while others stick around for hope they will get lucky. On the other hand their are the ones who do get in. Then break me and get kicked back out. At the moment no one is there. I don't trust anyone and every time someone breaks me it makes it harder an harder for the next person to try.
April 30th, 2012 at 03:45am