The Truth is Here We're All Disturbed.

This is what living in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere does to you. You go quietly crazy amongst the graves of the young. The old seem never ending but the young are easily expendable. Weed smoke haunts the air mingling with the laboured breaths of the forgotten few. Escapism is escape but freedom is gone.
Our futures are predetermined by where we live. We all rage about not wanting to become just another number but now our postcodes are becoming our identity. We can try and fight it but we're losing the battle against bureaucracy.
The street lamps cast shadows on the idyllic. They seem necessary burden, highlighting everything that is wrong, hightening the hysteria of the night. The darkness burns my eyes. Scarring the image into my retina that I've been trying to escape since I was old enough to run. The smoke of a thousand cigarrettes doesn't blind me from the empty page.
A horror story told in a never ending palindrome. No matter where you turn you see the same stories etched into the lines on strangers face. Can we really be said to be any different from the murders, the rapists, the mad ones? Or do they know something we don't, do they know the way out?
Breathing in the same air for 17 years leaves the mind feeling stuffy and breathless. In this place there is nothing pure. Only the recycled lives of others. Being new in this world marks you out as a target, an easy target. You will be subjected to mass indoctrination from the moment you leave the womb. We have never known anything else so therefore we are free? We don't even know what that word means, most of us don't care. There's a few that do. The elites. One day everything will change. But if everything changes society will fall apart. We are tied together, shackled in a line by our blind faith and misplaced trust.
The pure people, the fallen angles, will shed their wings and become one of us. We will crush them.
Breathing has nothing to do with living, it is simply staying alive. Who wants to live anymore anyway? We are falling apart around ourselves. Our bodies are slowly crumbling but our minds have long since moved on. Everything has become a cliche. There is no way to be individual so what is the point of trying?
April 30th, 2012 at 01:35pm