Tell me what you think? Please help...

So I didn't think I was going to get into this writing workshop. I was planning on going up there with some people from my writers group and we were going to see if we could get in but I was sure we wouldn't. I was planning on sitting at the place and editing my Nanowrimo novel which I have been trying to get published. Well, I just got an e-mail today saying I got in and it's tomorrow night. I am panicking now. I wasn't prepared at all.

The writing workshop is about planning your next novel. I have had the idea in my head for my next novel since Nanowrimo and I am going to be writing it for Julnorwrimo. Right now though my novel is a giant slush pile. I have a notebook where I just keep putting a list of Character names and quotes and scene ideas. It's just a slush pile.

The problem is I am supposed to bring a 50 word summary of my idea. I don't even know the character names yet. Fail.

This is what I have for the 50 words. Does this sound as fail as I think it does? I'm going to be really embarrassed to show up there with this if you think it sounds terrible because I'm afraid it might be totally stupid.
Character comes from a rough background. They never had it easy in life and ended up in a chaotic relationship. They’re raising a baby belonging to none other than the man who cheated on them. Enter Guy. He’s a single dad raising a child from a marriage that fell apart.

I really could use your help and opinions. Do you think it's really awful? Do you think I'll look like an idiot if I show up with that?

By the way, here's the longer version of that.
Character comes from a rough background. They never had it easy in life and ended up in a chaotic relationship. They’re raising a baby belonging to none other than the man who cheated on them. The baby has been the light in their life, their reason for living and their reason for wanting to better themselves. Baby is a child now and socially challenged. When Baby continues to have conflict with another student in particular parents are called in. Enter Guy. He’s a single dad raising a child from a marriage that fell apart. Shortly after everything crumbles when CPS is called in to take a closer look at Character’s parenting. With Character’s troubled past, Character will be thrown into the fight of their life to prove they can keep their child. With Guy on their side that just might be possible.

I feel so fail right now and I'm freaking out...
May 1st, 2012 at 03:31pm