The beginning of my novel.

Hello everyone! I have decided to start writing my first full length novel. I haven't done a whole lot of brainstorming, I just have a basic premise. The story will center around a young girl of about three and twenty named Blair Knightley. Blair is from a respectable family, the daughter of a gentlemen, but by no means rich. At the age of twenty three she is dealing with the stigmas of society in the 1800s that most women face. She is unmarried, had no fortune, and is slowly approaching what will be her infinite doom as an old maid. In the face of this she is forced to try to find someone worth her heart. She thinks she has succeeded when she meets a young man named Heathcliff Hearst, a man of admirable independent income. They have a lot in common, he meets more than half of her wants, and he has the means to provide for her. They begin a romance and soon fall in love with Blair expecting a proposal at any moment.

That proposal never comes. As time goes on and the honeymoon phase fades Blair begins to suspect Heathcliff of not being faithful. Through her own intuition and under developed detective skills, Blair sets out to discover if her Heathcliff is in fact betraying her. This journey leads her to the discovery of many things, not only about Heathcliff, but about herself, some of which she could have never expected.

There will be several other characters in the story, the only other main character will be a man who will go by the name Mr. Forsyth. I have not determined his first name yet. The story is going to be a romance, a drama, a tale of love found, of love lost, of true love, of forbidden love, a story of lust, desire, wealth, class, and how to get to happily ever after.
May 2nd, 2012 at 02:59am