Character Development and Brainstorming.

Blair Knightley
Henry Forsyth
Louis Rousseu

Louis' cook (Rose)
Henry's driver
Louis' driver (Batholemew)

Blair Knightley: Blair is young, in her 20's, unmarried.a gentleman's daughter. She enjoys her cat she calls 'Kitten' and reading. She ofen finds herself lost in novels. She is under pressure to marry before becoming an old maid. With encouagement from her family she meets a succesful Frenchman named Louis Rousseu. They soon fall in love and set off for a life together. Blair enjoys her new life and the things it entitles her to, but she can't help but wish fo the romance she reads about in her novels. Out of loneliness she befriends Louis' middle aged cook Rose and confides in her all her deepest concerns. As the honeymoon phase wears off Louis is absent more and more and Blair finds the only company she has is that of the idle women in the village and the occassional inquiry after her husband from one of his acquaintence. Blair finds solace in the library and often fell asleep reading only to awake when the flame dimmed on the candles. It is there she can be lost in a world of romance and fantasy non-existent in her real world. It is through this loneliness and desire for a real life fairy tale that Blair embarks on a journey where she will find out who she is, what lies behind the smiles on eveyone's faces, and how to find her own happily ever after.

Louis Rousseu: Louis is in his mid-thirties and a son of France. He made a great deal of money for doing little to nothing at all. He dealt mostly in trade and anything he did let slip about buisness was rare and only when he was in spirits. All that was known was he was very wealthy and for that he was to be respected. He had been a pomiscuous young man and the leisure of wealth had led him to engage with several young ladies. He had traveled to and fro and all around and had yet to fnd anyone of consequence. That is, until he meets Blair. He accompanied a friend to ball at the urgency of a lady of the village who then introduced him to Blair. They courtship was swift and sweet and they soon setlled not far away. Louis adored Blair and she him. They had finally found their pefect match. After a few years of bliss things started to change. He no longer had the passion for hus young bride that he once did. He found himself in town more and more in the company of coutesans, sometimes even keeping a bevvy of them on one of the ships. Blair was oblivious to all of this, as was everyone else, except his faithful driver Batholemew. He was the man who knew every detail behind the mystery that was Louis Rousseu. From his checkered past to his indiscretions about town, Batholemew knew it all. Louis began to resent his wife and stay away more and more determined to make himself happy above everything else. The decision to be selfish and focus on his current pleasures will proove to be a fateful one fo Louis Rousseu.

Okay, well, that went well! I am going to sit back down in my next jounal entry and attempt to capture everything that is great about Mr. Henry Forsyth and the people involved with him.
May 4th, 2012 at 06:42am