Dujo is a funny ***/I got to photograph one of my favorite punk bands

For the past couple of months, I've not gotten any forum update emails. So me being me, I messaged Dujo on Facebook and was like, "Um, help?"

He has helped.

My emails are now the most basic of emails but at least they're emails. But him being Dujo, he messaged me back being like "I bet the emails look better now" which made me laugh so much. They look awful but I'm just excited to get my emails back! Yay!

-

If you don't already know (which most of you won't), I'm a gig photographer. I know, I know - it's such a common thing for a teenage girl to be but, I love my job and wouldn't change it for the world. You can check out my page here on Facebook if you like. ::cute:

Last Friday I managed to drag three (much older and married) friends along with me to London after earning four guest list tickets to see one of my favorite bands thanks to one of the five opening bands, Our Time Down Here.

I knew that being a gig photographer had its perks, you know, like getting in free to my local venue (I love the venue owners/people who run it so much!) and getting to hang with awesome bands that give me beer but yeah. Who knew that I'd get to photograph the almighty MxPx?

Not me!

After entering the venue, my mates went to get us drinks and I went in search for the members of OTDH who I found straight away and got lots of nice cuddles with. They're probably one of the nicest non-Peterborough (where I live) bands I've ever met - they told me that in the future I have free tickets to any shows I want guest listing for which is awful nice of them.

Anyways, I was stood talking to Ian from the band when Mike Herrera walks in and stands right near us. Ian's all like, "I'll introduce you two!" after spotting the fact I'm staring at Mike all star struck over how close he's stood to us. So he introduces us and Mike's like, "I know you! You're that photographer girl from Twitter! The Color Abi, right?" And I just nod before he laughs and goes, "I've been playing in this band longer then you've been alive! We'll talk later on when it's quieter - you're shooting my set, right?"

I just grin, nod and hug him before he slips away with a grin and leaves me with Ian who's laughing at my reaction.

Holy. Shit. Amazing.

I did end up shooting Our Time Down Here like planned but also, I shot MxPx's set which was incredible. I've never been to a real punk show before but holy shit! It's been over a week and my legs are still black and blue! And it got so rough during their encore that the guitarist ended up pulling me up onto the stage because he was scared I was going to end up breaking bones or something.

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.
May 5th, 2012 at 11:49pm