Shall I forgive him?

Hi I needed your guys advice about whether I should forgive a guy..
Btw II am a girl and I was 17 then now 18 and he is 21
Basically its started over a year ago, I became friends with this guy, through a mutal friend and we started chattiing and we got on really well and months went past where we were getting alot closer to each other and we became really good best friend of one another. I then asked him to be my boyfriend thinking nothing of this and seeing this as a joke, he said yes and he admitted he has started to fall in love with me and so we would chat to each other everyday whether it be on chat or by email or fb messages or webcam and i would go to sleep thinking of him and think of him when i would listen to songs. But as time went past....something felt wrong..and my intuition told me that something was wrong and that i didnt love him so i told him this so we broke up after 6 months but yet we kept in touch with each other and remained good friends...however what i found out next was shocking but also it broke my trust that I had in him.
He told me that he lied to me about the feelings that he had for me when I asked him to be my boyfriend because his friend told him to but with the time he spent speaking to me he realised that i was a nice person and truly fell in love with me and only told me this a few months ago..and he said he was truly sorry for hurting me and lying to me and even to the point where he lied to me saying that he had a crush on another girl...but he had made up that story..and i had truly thought he had met someone who would keep him happy and i was truly happy for him as he was my friend but he told me there was no truth in that,. I am now confused by his lies! Ever since he has told me it has affected my trust in him and cause of that i could no longer trust him but inside me somewhere i feel that he is truly sorry and should be forgiven but shall i let him be a part of my life again or not?.... i dont think i want to yet i can not forget him...and remember him when i hear sad songs....why?? I had emailed him many times telling him how i felt when he told me that he lied to me and forgave him yet i would end up going back on my word and end up getting angry at him and telling him that ill never email him again and he accepts my decision each and every time but i go back on my own decision and end up contacting him again and talking to him as we never lost touch with each other! this decision of mine confuses me as why i do this but also confuses him as to why im contacting him but then breaking off contact...?

So I need your advice what shall I do??
May 8th, 2012 at 04:04pm