The Unrequited Truth.

Here i am down on bent knees, begging. Begging you to tell me what it was that you wanted to hear. What was it that you expected from me? I made you a promise to give you everything, and you took it, but i crumbled into pieces as your monstrous arms grasped at what was left of this crippled heart.

Your words sparked fires in my soul and your eyes burned through my skin, cutting me down and watching as the hastiness unraveled. You held my hand as the wounds materialized. You smiled as i drowned in my own tears. You danced happily as the only thoughts of me you carried, were tucked away under the bed you fabricated for yourself.

You. You fucked me up. I screamed ‘i love you’ and you shouted ‘fuck you’. And since then, I’ve been tired. Tired of trying. Tired of settling down with the smallest hint of hope in sight. Tired of asking for your time so i can muster up the nerve to mumble the three simple words that haunt me every fucking day i continue to spend in this hellhole.

What is it that you want to hear? No, you didn’t smash my heart into pieces. No, you didn’t let go of the only person who kissed the ground for you. I won’t miss you like you expect me to and i won’t ask for you. I won’t wave to you when we cross paths and i won’t dare kiss your feet if it meant you’d converse with me.

You want to hear i’m fine? I’m fine. It’s quite easy to feed you lies; Watch them pour as i forget your face, setting fire to this rain cascading onto the concept of “you and me”. Let it all burn.
May 9th, 2012 at 07:05am