Aw, But I Love That Site

Okay this is sorta embarrassing, and it will possibly sound childish. And maybe I'm over reacting. But I don't wanna post this anywhere else.

So there's this site I have an account on. It's on of those dress-up game sites. I've been on there forever. It's gotta be the first site I ever joined, excluding for my e-mail. Well, I didn't do it; my mom did. She signed me up because she thought I might like it, because I had (and still have) a love of fashion design and putting outfits together. And she was right, I loved it, and have been on ever since.

But now I'm sorry to say that it's looks as though they may close the site, as they've been having tech problems and glitches. This isn't an unknown fact, they've told people about them before, and we've seen the effects. For example, they use to have this store thing you could buy stuff in, and as well had plans for more edits to improve the games. But then the glitches hit (maybe the Tumblebeast moved in there?), and they had to take the store down, and think the other stuff went out the window.

For a while, all was okay. Not as good as before, but okay enough. But then recently I decided to go check out their news section, just to see what was going on, as I'd been AWOL for a while. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it was an announcement that they were moving the site! They said they needed something more stable, and it was a tough choice, but they have to do what they have to do.

Now, that upset me a little, as it processed in my mind then as they were going to just become one of those games within another site, and I didn't like that idea. Now I see, though, how I could have misinterpreted it. They had, after all, moved to this site a while back from their beta. So maybe it would be similar to that.

But today I again went and looked at the news thing again. They'd updated it, stating they were going to soon post a FAQ or something likewise. But then they said something about closing it! Needless to say, my mind when to freak-out mode.

Again, maybe I'm over reacting, but to be honest, that site to me is like Mibba to some of you. I have memories and sentimental value attached to it, and to think that I'm going to lose all it deeply saddens me. And it doesn't help the fact that I'm already coming touch and more emotional because of the chaos in my life. It doesn't help that at all. Not to mention, part of that chaos is because I've had so much negative changes in my life lately, I don't need anymore. =,(

(Ah, it felt good to get that out.)

Thanks for reading this.

~Shay

ETA 3/2/15: New title. Formerly known as: "Aw, but I love that site... (I just needed somewhere to get it out)"
May 9th, 2012 at 10:21pm