beauty and the beast

A little something i wrote for my English class.

The fire behind those shinny glass eyes was clawing at the door that was worded to keep it back. Pain. Always pain. When everything she had ever known was taken. Ripped from her strong grasp of life. But there was still something left. Something that could not be taken. Something so precious and her own and it was what kept her alive. It was what kept her trying hard in school for those A grades. It kept her from going over the edge and letting the monster out. The creature that everyone feared and fled from but no survived, not without a paralyzing wound cut deep into their soul. She desperately tried to conceal this horrible thing that lived in her. But as her class mates laugh at her because she would rather be home with her family on weekends than out with friends it screams to come out. It wants to taste the sweet evil of human flesh. She goes home only for it to grow worse as she gets screamed at for not doing dishes and listing to her mother like a good little girl. How much longer will she be able to conceal the rage inside her? That night as she goes to lay her head down she knows she will find no rest. Her mother comes down to apologize about the day and its troubles. “What happened to my sweet little girl” she asks, remembering my innocence. “She’s gone!” I felt myself howl and the beast was set free.
May 10th, 2012 at 06:10pm