Six Character. Twelve Eyes. Six ways to see the world.

That's the best way I can think of describing what I did with my newest, of the 70 on my computer, story, Age of Steel. I created six very different people and let them all tell the story. Same story through the eyes of six people. Honestly not that hard to do, but it is fun. This journal here is where I'm gonna talk about my six.

The first is the real main guy, my personal favorite of the six, Ulrich. Ulrich, which is German for Leader, is the first person I put into play. He is a writer and a martial artist. Both of his habits take up a lot of his time, whether it is studying something for a story or in the gym practicing. For that reason, Ulrich has a habit of letting time slip from him and usually has most of his relationships end because of it. When Ulrich and the others took their little time jump to ancient Norway, Ulrich was the only to keep a semi-level head and quickly figured what was happening to them. In Norway, Ulrich was given the powers of Thor, the God of Thunder, and took the lead in helping the others understand their abilities.

My second character is Cassie. How do I describe Cassie? Simple. Stunning, artistic, and impossibly amazing. The first time Cass is mentioned, she is getting ready to meet Ulrich for the first time, being set up on date by their mutual friend, Helen. As luck would have it though, almost exactly the moment Cass and Ulrich saw each other was the same moment the time jump occured. In Norway, Cassie was given knowledge of combat and enhanced strength and speed, which Ulrich matched up with the black haired Shieldmaiden Goddess, Sif.

Number three on my list is Chris. Chris is like every other jock frat boy you'd ever see. Cheery, pumped up, and sarcastic. Freshman year, Chris was Ulrich's roommate and this stuck when they pledged the same house. For that, Chris and Ulrich remained best friends. When they all were pulled to Norway, Chris was given power a lot like Cassie, but instead of speed, Chris got more strength and more talent in combat. Matched with the large sword he donned, Ulrich matched Chris up with Tyr, the one handed God of War, though Chris hadn't lost one of his hands....yet.

Fourth is Helen. Beautiful, beautiful Helen. Named so for none other than Helen of Troy, the most beautiful woman in history. Helen is the college's(which i wont name for whatever reason) youngest head cheerleader and the girlfriend to dear old Chris. Helen is friendly to say the least. She had befriended almost anybody she ever met, especially Cass, who was her new roommate. Helen, like Cass and Chris, got combat prowess in Norway, but with her weapon and image, Ulrich matched her to not just a god, but a guide. Being Valkyrie, the Guide of the Honored Dead.

Fifth and important as the rest is Jimmy. Jimmy was an engineer. He wasn't known much for his social life and only joined the frat house, where he met Ulrich and Chris, because Chris convinced him. Seen as a minute creature in the present, when Jimmy arrived in Norway, he became so much more. He became Loki, the God of Mischief. As such, Jimmy was granted a book and instinctive knowledge of magic, which he quickly picked up and became a master, making one of the strongest of the six.

Last but certainly not least is Helen's little sister, Abby. Abby was a freshman at the college until the jump and was really only known by the friends of Helen, which included Ulrich, whom Abby had a crush on for a long time. When the jump happened, Abby became, to the group, the most powerful of the six. She became Hel, the Goddess of Death. Just by getting near something alive, Abby is able to drain the very life from it and pull into her own body. At first, Abby was unable to fully control the ability and was afraid to even get near anyone.

Well that's them. Six people nearly nothing alike given the powers of gods and trapped in ancient Norway. What will happen? I don't know. I haven't decided yet. Anywho. Read Age of Steel. Leave a comment. Subscribe. All that jazz. Til next time
May 11th, 2012 at 04:31am