The wedding vs school

When a child faces the truth about their parent's divorce, they usually face depressed, and can come very close to self harming, me on the other hand... It was the best news in my life!

My dad's wedding is four weeks today, and over the past couple of months, i have been helping his wife to be (my soon-to-be step-mum) with the preparation, me and my sister are going to be bridesmaids and the whole ceremony was going to be great, until the rows started.

My dad kept begging my mum that we should have a day off school before the wedding for final preparation, but the thing is, i have exams that day, proper GCSE exams. but my dad would have none of it, he carried on hurling all these excuses about how we must have the day off.

Just to cover the backing story of this, my mum and dad had split up 4 years ago and have both got new partners. my dad had never taken care of me as a young child, there for we have a very weak connection, but as of today, i am willing to hold no connection.

My dad got extremely irritated at my mum and decided to go to Facebook, where he posted up saying how my mum had ruined everything, and how she should be shot. This alone boiled my blood, but one other comment made my blood boil to the point of eruption, my step-mum had commented agreeing with my dad, saying how my mum said that she wants the wedding to go to disaster... my mum has never had contact with my fathers girlfriend.

I have always hated my dad from a young age, i have seen him abuse my mother and he would shout and hit me, i don't want the best for him, never have - he doesn't deserve it, the only reason i agreed to be one of the bridesmaids was because i respected my dads girlfriend, i thought she was loving and friendly, but after making horrible accusations about my mother, my views have changed.

I have never held so much hatred towards people in my life, my stomach is churning at the thought of what has happened.

Call me cold hearted, but i am very close to not turning up to the wedding at all.
May 13th, 2012 at 03:02pm