sleep paralysis

I became aware that it felt better than usual and I sunk into the sofa as though I was a liquid. The electricity surges that rushed through my chest became stronger and more frequent until they jumped to my skull as well, crashing through my body with such shuddering force i thought my circuits would blow if it intensified any further. I noticed that the pleasant sinking feeling had turned into more of a violent sucking and i was falling down through the sofa; the space around full with electronic but ethereal voices singing and speaking with dissonant notes and nonsense words that fought for the front row but achieved perfect, clashing harmony, the sound indistinguishable from the motion. By now I had realized what was happening and so decided to try and open my eyes; it felt like lifting a curtain of steel but when i managed it I was excited to find that my living room lay behind an undulating sheet of dancing, translucent coloured lines, swirling and looping around each other. Through the colour I could see my body, too, although it did not appear to be my own. I knew this was how it happened, but all the same after trying and failing to move something several times I began to wonder if my body was broken and whether I would ever move again, so I shouted and shouted at my body with my mind until, with the finality of a snowscreen snapping off, my muscles found themselves and I sprang into sitting position. Everything was clear and quiet so suddenly. I was surprised to find the room full of daylight and the television quiet and humming.
May 13th, 2012 at 03:46pm