Ever heard that -you are the change you wish to see in the world-

I'm fairly sure Gandhi said that or some shizz. But damn people should freaking listen!! 

It feels like everyone leaves it up to the rest of the world to change first and if things go their way they will change after. What kind of logic is that?

Or they try to get everyone to change with them and give up if no one does or if it's not the way they want. Dude just do it on your own if you gotta. It's a SELF improvement. Plus there's that saying one must help themselves before they are truly able to help others. 
 
So let's give an example.  

I hate how mean, immature, and sexual the world is today! I wish everyone was polite well mannered and conservative like back in the olden days *le sigh*. 

But I'm still gonna not care that I act like a b*tch some times, and I'm still gonna giggle when someone says penis, and I be rocking some booty shorts and a halter top when ever I wants. But ya know it's everyone else doing it that I have a problem with. [/end example]

WTF! *palm face* 

Dude if you wanna see something start happening it all starts with you. If you wanna rewind and take things back old school then do and act and be THAT. Be the kind of person you want to see in the world. 

I don't wanna step on your cookies or anything but you ain't THAT much of a special butterfly. Chances are you're not the only one feeling and thinking similar things. So it's only logical that if all those similar people including you decided to be that all on their own with out the rest of the world having to change then you'd see a lot of things in this world going your way.

Of course it's cool to imagine yourself in a different world  a different time. The people the world the everything is the way you want it to be and now all you have to do is fit in, act like everyone else, be who you really want to be. It's understandable we all have our moments but if you're really so passionate pull it in to the real world. 

Do the best you can to make it your reality in some way shape or form. Show who you really want to be. It won't be perfect it will never be exactly what you wanted or how you thought but people get damn close in life. And damn close for you could be life saving, a miracle, a breath of fresh air, an inspiration, an admiration, something to be thankful for in someone else's eyes. And that just gets the ball rolling.

So you know what? Do it, -be the change you wish to see in the world-. I live by that, I am who I want to be. I do what I wish more people in the world would do. I aspire to be a person that the world could use more of in my eyes. Kind, healthy, honest, polite, fun, athletic, daring, genuine, helpful, knowledgeable, traditional, open and spiritual. 

Practice what you preach. Know who the hell you want to be at least in a vague sense. Be a leader not a follower.

I don't understand it when people want to "see more people like that in the world" but they don't attempt to be that kind of person.

It's one thing to know your road and follow it. Yet it's another to be flopping around all unsure of yourself yet saying a bunch of shizz and not attempting to go anywhere with it all. And you just end up another ant in line following who ever is in front of you cause you just leave your life up in the air. 

I could however understand this better though if someone was already on their path being the best they could be. At that point yeah I think every now and then you have a right to be upset with life or the world for not kicking in to gear. But you certainly can't say that if you're one of the people helping to create or keep this type of boring ant effect going strong. Ya know?

That's really all I've gotta say about what's been up my butt recently.   [/end rant]
May 13th, 2012 at 08:31pm