If all else fails..

So, I don't know about all this. Love and other peculiarities. I used to think I knew what love was. At one time. But now that I'm left alone, with plenty of time to dissect and think, I've come to some conclusions.

Love never leaves someone. It doesn't just change its mind. Love is supposed to last.
So I've definitely never known it.

I don't know if i'll ever learn. I trust SO easily. As if people actually mean what they say.
Even when I can predict things, to a T, for some reason I just wait for it to happen.
Just set myself up.

So I deserve this, I guess. I'm just a moth that plays with fire. I know my wings will burn, that I won't be able to fly, but for short, few seconds i'll be imposed with the beauty of the flame.

Sorry to get all over poetic and symbolic and depressing.

But I want you to know I'm not depressed. I am FINALLY accepting the facts.
I'm ready to move on. I need it.
More than I need absolutely anything.

The only thing I regret is that I had to go through countless weekends of losing the world before I could find myself.

For some reason, though, surrounding myself with danger and sketchy situations taught me a lot about people. Opened my eyes, in a way.

I'm not letting this happen again. If I ever suspect love, I will take baby steps.
I won't make excuses for people and I won't settle.
If all else fails, I can always get some cats.
Or parakeets.
May 14th, 2012 at 07:35pm