Religion, Rubber Ducks and The Lion King

The first two are connected. Oh yeah, baby.

I've been brewing a story for around two, three years now about a late-twenties/early-thirties research scientist who dies and is taken to the Afterlife. And it turns out that all those gods and goddesses and what have ya are just celebrities. God runs a talent show, Anubis has a bingo hall and Muhammed is taking a year out from his hectic talk show career to have a holiday on Earth as an insurance salesman from Stoke-on-Trent. It's sort of about religion but not. The opening prologue bit is also going to be written in the point of view of a rubber duck. Yeah, it's in three sections, each of which are opened with the point of view of inanimate objects for no reason whatsoever. And an idea i just got whilst taking out the dogs is that Death will be a fairly wooden entertainer-host thing (like Ant and Dec or Ryan Seacrest or some crap) but who is literally like dead...and brain dead and has no expression and stuff. So yeah. There's a lot of social satire in it, especially since I've added in Hell as a slum which may riot so lots of fun to be had!

And have you ever noticed that the way that Scar acts and the song he does and even how things turn out for the tribe not having supplies is very much a parallel to that of a communist Russia? Sort of? And the way the hyenas march and crap?

It cannae just be me, can it?
May 18th, 2012 at 01:03am