So...sex?

Oh lawdy, here we go. It's one of those topics that I'll probably regret asking about.

I should start out with the fact that I have a boyfriend now. I would have told you guys earlier, but I doubt anyone noticed I was gone, so whatever.

Anyway, I always thought he was a really sweet guy, and don't get me wrong, I still think he is...but the two of us have very different priorities. He had sex for the first time as a freshman, and he's a junior now. As far as I know I'm the first girlfriend he's had that hasn't had sex with him. And I don't plan to. Which is the problem...

I've grown up believing that you should wait until after marriage to have sex. I know it seems old-fashioned, but that's just how I am. I've had some pretty bad experiences in the past with guys, and frankly the thought of having sex scares the crap out of me.

I haven't been dating this guy for very long; about a week and a half I think. But already he's pressuring me into stuff. I've told him how I feel about it, but I can tell he's getting kind of fed up with it. And he's started saying stuff like, "If you love me, you'll do it."

I just don't know...what do you guys think? Is sex really that big of a deal, or am I just turning it into one? I really like this guy, but I'm scared of how fast things are moving. I need some Mibba therapy!
May 21st, 2012 at 05:42am