My Teacher Told Me I Could Write About Whatever I Want, So I’m Going To Do Just That + My School Is So Hypocritical

So, today my English teacher came in late (as always) and she started talking the writing assignment for the end of the year big, final assignment. Half the class was going to research a job and write about it, while the more advanced half of the class, because we wanted it, get to write a creative writing assignment. It’s longer of course, but we don’t mind. And so I told my teacher, Mrs. B, that I had already started on it. I figured that since it was creative writing, and I already think of ideas on a daily basis, and since it was to be due soon (though Mrs. B hadn’t announced the length and when it was due) I came up with an idea, and a brief summary on my computer. Anyways, when I told her I’d already started, this was her response:

“You already started all on your own without any permission? Ten points off!”

WHAT THE HECK?

I thought teachers were supposed to encourage us to start on our work early! I mean, it’s not like I was already 10 pages into it, it was just a small summary! And she never even said not to work on it, so how does this make any sense? Eh, but whatever. I’m not worried, she forgets about things so easily. And if she does take 10 points off, well, my mom will stick up for my. And now, I have a good reason to procrastinate on all my work.

Anyways, so later on in the day I was talking to Gustavo, my friend, and I told him I was planning to turn in a Greek god Mythology story I wrote, and he said (mimicking what Mrs. B would probably say): “Kayla! You know you shouldn’t write about that stuff! It’s not Christian and it goes against the bible! Shameful!” He was joking of course, but the weird thing is, I could see her saying exactly that, maybe just a different wording. Anyways, so that god me thinking, why not purposely turn in a story I know will upset her and make her mad? Of course, I’m not gonna turn anything in with tons of cursing and sex, but something else I know she disapproves of. She did, after all, tell us, “Just write about whatever you want.”

So, I decided to turn in my story about taboo love, a witch, and a girl who drinks a magic potion brewed by the witch so she can turn older. Mrs. B’s gonna hate it.

But I know I won’t get in trouble, cause I got half the class in on it, and we’re all gonna write stories that we know she won’t like. I really don’t care though, because she can’t fail me just because she doesn’t like the subject matter.

================================================

On another note, later on in the school day, in the last period of the day, I was talking to my boyfriend, and he told me to come over to the table to show me something he made on Minecraft. I didn’t wanna pull down one of the chairs from the table, and the room was deserted, so I just went and sat on his lap. Then, like 10 minutes later, a teacher walks in, and practically yells (she isn’t an actual teacher, mind you, she’s just a volunteer): “Hey! You’re not supposed to be sitting on his lap in school are you?!” So, not wanting to make trouble, I just get up, then Pastor Jason, the principle, walks in and say: “Sitting on his lap? That’s it, you two need to break up. You just need to end your relationship!”

Again I was like, WHAT THE HECK?

So, because I sat on his lap, I should break up with him? How does that make the least bit of sense? Besides, I’m not going to break up with David. If I do, it’ll be out of my own free will, not because someone told me too. Besides, he’s only a teacher, he can’t tell me how to manage my personal relationships. Needless to say, I won’t be breaking up with David. And if he makes a big deal out of it, well, I’m sure the media would love to hear about this, wouldn’t they?

Hopefully it won’t come to that, but I wouldn’t put it him. And the hypocritical part was, at the end of the day, our teacher, Ms. Reed shooed us out of the room earlier than usual, so the students just sat in the outer area (the cafeteria) until our parents showed up.

Anyways, about 5 minutes after that, my friend Brandon comes running up to me, Gustavo, Alex and David. He whispers, quite frantically: “I went into the classroom and I saw Ms. Reed and Mr. Chris making out on her desk!” I don’t doubt it for one second. And so, the hypocrisy is exposed. Hypocrisy because, whenever I give David a hug, she always yells at us, telling us that we shouldn’t be hugging each other.

Ok, so I’m not allowed to hug my boyfriend, but she’s allowed to make-out with her fiancé? No, that’s not how it works. Thank goodness I’ll be off to college next year and I won’t have to deal with this. But once again, it’s whatever. Brandon said he was gonna tell Mrs. B about it, so hopefully I’ll be cut some slack when I simply hug David.
May 22nd, 2012 at 02:03am