So have you heard?

So Fall Out Boy has that new single out. The Kanye West remix. It's not the best remix production-wise. But believe it or not, I really it. I don't feel as though Fall Out Boy is becoming something they aren't. I think it's good to experiment with different sounds and even if it sounds completely different it'll help you grow. So our band has been having identity issues. Is it okay to move on to something different when what you've got is so good. I want to grow and learn new styles while Sammi(our bassist) believes it's best we stay where we are. She's a rock purist. I love that about her but I have a lot of respect for all kinds of music. Rock is definitely my home but i still love hearing something new. The rest of the band is just laid-back about the whole thing so until i convince them that it's okay to experiment we are just gonna keep sounding like every other band in Louisville, Kentucky. Melody is important to any band...especially for a band like My Chemical Romance. Which happens to be our band's collective favorite. I really don't think My Chem would be as great as they are if they hadn't had a wonderful sense of melody and harmony. For some reason Sammi can't connect that a lot of original melodies at times can sound very pop and r&b. They still deserve the same respect as a heavy guitar riff(that has no real musical direction at all). Sammi says that drummers are prone to find a connection with alternate types of music because drums are so prominent in the Hip-Hop culture. She makes it sound as if I have a disease. Hmm...we'll see what happens.
March 6th, 2007 at 03:32am