Harry Potter Is Over! (this is NOT a plot spoiler)

So I've just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows last night. I couldn't put it down since i queued up and bought it on Friday night. I have been a Harry Potter fan since Book 1 and this book was really emotional for me because I grew up with Harry Potter and as he grew up into his teenage years so did I (mind you his life was slightly more traumatising.) They were the books I waited all year for.
So along came book 7 and well I was reading it like crazy so i was in the last few chapters by Sunday but I began to slow down. I realised I was dreading the end. Not finding out what happens to the charactors but just that it's over and there will be no other book. But I finally settled down in bed last night and read it. I have never cried at a book before but at the end of this I actually balled my eyes out. Not at any particularly sad part in the book just because it was so emotional. I never cry at anything (except maybe the odd movie) but crying at a book was really weird. Until then I never realised how attached I had grown to all the charactors, I almost felt like I knew them personally, I mean I had grown up with them. So the last chapter popped around and it took me nearly a half an hour to read it because I was actually sobbing, it was really weird. So I finished it and I fell asleep crying, even though the ending isn't particualarly sad but just seeing how all of the characors lived and what they grow up to be was so........weird.
I am just so happy to have grown up with these books and I feel truely lucky. Book 7 was actually amazing. Even though I'm not particularly into wizards or magic or fantasy but I love these books. I think theres something for everyone in them. JK Rowling I am forever in your debt. And if you have never read the Harry Potter books I suggest you start. So has anyone else read the hallows? What did you think?

San
July 25th, 2007 at 05:52am