read this

Read this.

I don't get whats up with everything these past two years. Ever since the 7th grade, everyone started labeling everyone, calling someone, 'emo' or 'goth' or 'poser'. Its really bugging me. Like when I was in the 6th grade, seriously nobody was trying to impress anyone. Now everyones acting so stupid. Like the other day, some kid comes up to me and said "you stupid goth." Seriously, labels are for soup cans. And people think they're cool when they call someone a poser. To be honest, those calling someone else a poser, makes them a poser too. Everyone has their own style. I don't get why everyone thinks people are trying to be emo or whatever. And if they are, then they are. I personally don't care what anyone calls me, because I know for a fact that I may be called goth because I love the color black, or listen to gothic music. But that doesn't make me a goth. Not to mention, people aren't 'emo' just because they put their hair to the side of their face, ITS A STYLE, GET USED TO IT. Not to mention probably half the kids I know that call other kids emo, probably don't even know what it is. Sure it stands for emotional but theres so much other stuff behind it. I just can't get why our school has to be so stupid, why everyone is willing to talk trash about anyone. Even if they're friends. These past two years I've met lots of people, backstabbers, jerks, conceited people, and liers. And I'm not friends with those kinds of people anymore because I'm not letting anyone step all over me. For once, I'm gunna tell the person I strongly dislike to get out of my face, and to find a life. I'm gunna tell my friends when something bothers me about them, Im gunna stand up for people that need standing up for. Because everyone thinks that hurting a person makes them cool, but if we're hurting them we're not any better. I now know from three years of experiance in my school, who to avoid, who may be someone I can trust, who I have the most in common with, whose easiest to talk to, and whose there for me. People just need to open their eyes, and realize our school isn't full of 'emos', 'goths', or 'posers'. Its just filled with people who are trying to be themselves, who they are. Nobody's fake. No matter who they're trying to be or what they're saying they are, they'll always be themselves.
August 4th, 2007 at 10:43pm