Underage Festival 2007 - London Victoria Park

I had to take the train to meet my best friend Toria who was already in London. For the first time in my life I had to travel on my own.Only for about 3 hours but still, it was one step to being indipendant!
I had to hop onto the train at Neath (because it's murder to park your car in Swansea) at 10:40 and then I would be arriving at Paddington at 1:25. I got onto the train. Went and found carriage B seat 54 A and I was off to the first Underage Festival in London!

It took a bit of a hassle when I arrived. I met Toria's younger brother and mum and we had to take two underground trains to go meet Toria's dad who would walk me to Victoria park. It took at least 30 minutes to walk to the park, but when I got there the queue had gone so I was lucky . I just grabbed my ticket from Toria and went in.

(We had missed our chance to grab our Converse goody bag, unfortunantly we weren't one of the first 1000 people to go in)

The weather was amazing!! So the sunnie's were on and we walked around for a bit just looking at what times there bands were on and what stalls were up and whatnot. We stayed by the main stage (Radio 1 stage) and watched The Pigeon Detectives. They were the only band I really knew most of their songs and they were an awesome live band!! Swore a bit which made me laugh because my parents would not apporve of a grown man swearing at an Underage Festival.

When me and Toria began walking around with our ice lollies! ( I had Bubble Gum flavour and she orange) I saw a man walk past and I knew for a FACT I had seen him on MTV2 but could not remember his name. I was soon to be informed by Toria that he was in fact Jack Penate!!! As soon as we realised who he was he was surrounded by teenagers asking him to sign their things and for hugs. I was lucky and got a picture of him before he ran off with the camera crew following.

Already a sign showing that the Underage Festival was going to be a hit for us two!!

We sat around in the sun eating our food (chips burgers!) and listening to the new bands play as we decided wether we liked them or not and playing with our Blue Banging things....don't know what you name them but they were amusing and FREE!

Soon Jack Penate came onto the stage. We made our way to the front and were around 6 rows away from the front. All was good until he came on. The crowd were pushing us and Toria is only a small being and I was getting panicky. A lot of poeple crowded and all touching me is not a very good thing, so I got my video and then grabbed Toria's hand and got the hell out and decided to watch from afar. And the view was still pretty damn awesome. So was the music. Jack is very energetic with his guitar.

Toria had heard of a guy called Patrick Wolf, and he was playing after Jack at the Converse Tent so we went to check him otu before we had to leave to travel back to Swansea by car. After a long wait he came on with his glittered hair and eyes and began to sing and play the piano. A very cute guy and a diffierent taste in music was one of the highlights of the festival for me! I am going to be downloading some of his stuff. And the fact that he had ripped his shirt off and threw it into the crowd made me think : He may look cute but I bet you he has naughty dreams he never told his mommy.

The journy back was long and tiring (getting lost in London is not very fun BUT I got to see the London Eye , Big Ben and the Towers Of London!) but it was well worth it!

Underage Festival shall happen again!!!
August 12th, 2007 at 02:22am