I guess I'm just one big disappointment

I have a button from Hot Topic that says: Life is Full of disappointments, ask my parents.
Funny thing is, it's true.
I've spent the good part of my life being a suck up, a goody goody, and trying to impress my parents and the people around me so I wouldn't be a failure.
I wanted to be the first in my family to graduate collage and to become a doctor of some sort.
When I moved to Minnesota, I realized that I couldn't take the pressure from all of that and I'd become a failure.
I also realized that most people used me to fix their problems or to do their homework basically... Because I was thought of as the "Smart kid who knew everything"... Teachers even asked me to do stuff for them...
My grades began to drop, not to where I was failing but, I went from all A's to all B's and several C's.
My mom became disappointed and our relationship began to stray.
I've always hung out with the goth/punk/emo crowd if you must...
But, I always listened to country... (Go ahead and shoot me)
Last year I started listening to Green Day and became a Green Day freak,
and no, it wasn't because of AI... It was I fought the Law.
We just got done talking/yelling at each other because of it...
She says she wants to move because all of us kids (there's three of us)
are getting into trouble...
My brothers have both been brought home by the cops,
I haven't.
I've stayed in school,
I don't smoke (except for the once)
I don't drink (except for last weekend and that was only 1 or 2 Mikes lemonades)
I don't do drugs (well... that's a lie... BUT I don't run around doing stupid stuff while on them, I stay in a house and do nothing harmful)
I do steal... They don't know it though...
I'm not pregnant.
I've never had sex.
Though, I did have a girlfriend...
They don't know about that one either.
I tell them a lot that's going on with my life...
They just don't take the time to listen.
I just want to be accepted for who I am and
not have to worry about my parents disowning me for not being perfect...
August 12th, 2007 at 06:30am