I have vivid dreams.

So anyway, I do. And I'll write the latest out here. S is the girl I like, and W is the woman she was with (I never learned her name in the dream). Hopefully it ends up making sense. And we're all somewhere in our twenties, I think. Maybe older, since a lot has happened.

I had had a girlfriend in highschool, but in a very teenage sort of way. We fucked, but only as a stumbling, trying to figure out how to do it kind of thing, and we thought we loved eachother more than we did. That was a while ago, though, and it all sort of faded out.

S had been with W for a while, but eventually grew tired of her and began sleeping with other women. S eventually found out that W had been doing the same, but before they could really break up, W just left. Since then, S slept with many people, but nobody really interested her, she was almost doing it out of habit.

We were on the edge of a beach in some tropical area. There was nothing actually enclosed, just a couple of walls for some semblance of privacy. Her room had either grass or cement for a floor, and it had some metal steps leading to the platform where her bed was. There were no other rooms, since the bathrooms and eating area were communal. There were many lights in her room, harsh outdoor lights, and I wondered how she could stand them, but I didn't ask.

She was lying in bed, and she looked up when I came in, said, "I haven't talked to you in ages."
"I know," I said, and I asked her about how things were going. She told me about W, and about all the others she'd slept with. I was a bit shocked that she was telling me all this, since normally she tended to be close-mouthed, but I decided just to let her talk. Eventually she finished, and I decided that I'd just say everything the same way she did, so it was fine to ask what I'd been wondering. "No one's coming tonight, are they? Should I leave?"
"No," she said. "Stay and we'll talk."
"They never stayed till morning," she told me. "They always had to sneak off in the night."
"They'd get caught?"
"No," she said. "Maybe it made it more exciting for them, pretending they would, or maybe they were just afraid that it made them closer to me than they wanted. It doesn't matter." She looked away. "You will, though, won't you." Almost a question, but she knew me well enough at least to not quite make it one.

A light shined in for a second, and then, footsteps later, it was gone. "Security." She laughed. "They don't do anything, really." She motioned towards the other side of the bed. "Let's talk. I haven't heard anything about you yet."

I did stay till morning and nothing changed. It's never beginnings for me, only endings.

I tried to be as exact to the feeling of my dream as I can remember, and this is pretty damn close. I didn't modify it so I could turn it into a story or whatever.
March 18th, 2007 at 11:34pm