8/19/07 - Projekt Revolution

Projekt Revolution was totally, completely amazing.

When we first arrived from our hour and a half drive, we couldn't find the tickets. So, we were beginning to think we weren't going to see the concert, but luckily we found them between the seats. So, we got in and missed Madina Lake. I was outside of the pit for the Revolution stage. It was crazy in there. People were throwing condom balloons everywhere. I threw a water bottle in there, but it hit someone in the head... My bad. The only bands/groups that I didn't care for from the Revolution stage were: Styles of Beyond, The Bled, and Mindless Self Indulgence.

So, we went to the pavilion for the main stage and they microphone guy was getting annoying. He kept saying in the mic., "Chester. One, two, minus six. Yeahhhh", but he stopped after a while.

Julien-K: They were okay.
Placebo: I didn't care for them.
HIM:Ville was smoking and they were okay.
Taking Back Sunday: Amazing.
My Chemical Romance:

They were awesome like always. We tied with Texas for the best crowd ever. Gerard said he was the sheriff of EmoTown and I said really loud on accident, "Emo my butt". Two people in front of me turned and looked at me for a couple of seconds. Gerard did the bases and when he got to base three, he started moaning and breathing heavily. Anyways, Gerard also put his hand in Frank's shirt. When Gerard was singing Cancer at the end where he pausesbetween "leaving" and "you" I was the only one screaming at first. Yes, if you were there that was me screaming.

Linkin Park:

Awesome, but they were too long. We also got them out for a three song encore because we started banging on the seat and it sounded like a train at first. It started on the opposite side of the pavilion and worked its way to my side. I got scared because I thought the pavilion was falling down at first. Me and my panicky self. It was amazing, though.

Funny quotes:

"Give it up for Linkin Park, give it up for HIM, give it up for our friends, Taking Back Sunday, give it up for my favorite band, Placebo, give it up for Mindless Self Indulgence, *looks down at speaker below him* give it up for Styles of Beyond, give it up for Saosin, give it up for I'm reading this off of a paper, give it up for our buddies, The Bled." - Gerard Way

"I don't see how you can be all happy after someone punches you, but if someone falls in the pit, pick them up... then punch them. No, just kidding." - Chester Bennington

"Hey you, go back in that porta potti and wipe. We don't want your dirty ass surfing the crowd." - Singer from MSI

"Look at all the beautiful people... on. this. stage." - Singer from MSI (Jimmy Urine?)

"We don't care if you are size 36 or a size 58. Just take off your shirt and spin it above your head. We don't care if we have to see big, hairy man boobs, either." - Gerard Way

"*picks up popped condom balloon* Oooooo. Well, thank you." - Gerard Way.

My cousin sent a text to the screen saying, "Happy Birthday, Courtney!!" So, for any of you who were there and saw that, that was for me.

I'm now determined to save up for pit tickets for the next MCR concert I go to, so far I have $50 saved up.

PICTURES

Madina Lake
One.
Two.
Three.

The Bled
One.
Two.
Three.

Saosin
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.

Julient-K
One.
Two.

More pictures soon.


This will be edited.
August 21st, 2007 at 03:49am