My father

My dad...

He talked to me a few days ago..SURPRISING. We don't normally talk to each other. IF we do we are fighting on something completely ignorant. I have no idea why he was talking to me, the whole thing was pretty shocking you could say.

HE was encouraging me to do things that made me happy. He started talking about how he had lots of things he had to do that he liked in his small sliver of free time. THen he talked about his friends and the things they did that made them feel happy. You know, the things like: reading, playing darts, snowmobiling, playing games on the computer, and so on...

Then he started to tell me that I should find things that I like to do in that small amount of down time I get (I actually have loads of down time). Other things to go along with my guitar and music and computer games. He had told me he didn't want to see me pissed off or depressed.

He had said everyone in the world has things they have to do, the things they don't want to do, and the things they need to do. After all that is done they then have said down time.

I think he wanted to make me feel better, but he made me feel like a complete loser when he was done. HE made me realise that I don't have anything to do besides the things previously listed. I cried forever after he left my room. I don't like admitting that.

Has anyone ever felt like this after a parent having a similar conversation?

I hate they I feel now. he made me feel worse then I felt before he talked to me.


Ass.
August 21st, 2007 at 11:34am