They are ***ing saving me. Period.

--------------Hear the sound...

There is so much controversy about who saved who, how they were saved, and how the hell can music save lives? It can't. But listen.

My Chemical Romance is the type of band that is genuine. Five guys just as fucked up as we are, and they're not ashamed to step down from the peak of their fame and meet us at our level. Yes, their music has saved me numerous times from just giving up, and it's also inspired me to take better care for myself, and to not back down.
The music itself cannot save a person. It's how the listener hears the song, and how the singer puts him or herself into the lyrics.

It's the common ground that saves lives.

----------------------------------------...the angels come screaming down

They didn't save me. They are saving me. Their music, the common ground, his voice. It's a type of sanity, the type I seemed to have lost for now. When I cannot express myself, I find solace in the lyrics and the chords and the drum beats and the solos. I can see them dancing and dancing to the music aggressively, controlling the stage as if they had created it from the ground up. Hair swinging, sweat glistening, and instruments and microphones being jerked and thrown and controlled in response to the music. They are fucked up. They are my friends who I meet every time I press "Play"

---------Your voice...

I have attempted suicide three times. Pitiful, huh? So what - suck it up; that's what I did. I've been admitted into a mental institution where I stayed for 9 days not receiving the help I needed. The help I needed was with psychosis. I was hearing voices, and I loved and hated them all the same. They became my friends, but they could also quickly become my enemies. I was and still am severely depressed and on medication for the voices and for depression. So, what does MCR have anything to do with this? Everything.

Although I've given up three times prior, and after each time swore I wouldn't do it again, they simply inspire me to endure, to carry on. To take better care of myself while I'm still here, and I plan for it to be for a long while, now. They encourage me to fight, to be very much alive, whether in anger or in psychosis. They've taught me to fight with everything I have and to stand for what I believe in. And I believe in them.

The energy in their music is like a much-needed hug. It pumps life into me and even at my lowest points I remember what they guys said, in quotes and in their lyrics. I remember Gerard was where I am, and I follow his example by calling someone when I find I can't see the light.

---------------------------------------------...I hear you've been bleeding

Do I still hurt? Yes. My Chemical Romance, though very much powerful in their field, cannot and will never take away all the pain. But they are there as a comfort; as a springboard to lift us all back up to our feet, whether our feet be weary and sore or ready and waiting.

My Chemical Romance.
Gerard Way. Mikey Way. Ray Toro. Frank Iero. Bob Bryar.
They are the "Someone" in

-----------------------------------------...Someone save us...
August 23rd, 2007 at 05:03am