Projekt Revolution. August 26, 2007.

It was amazing...

I got woken up around eight thirty to get ready, since it would take about two hours to get to Connecticut, and we were leaving at a little passed nine anyway. We got Kim and left.

I got hyper in the car. It was actually pretty funny. I drank around six Coke Zeros.

When we got there, I was utterly amazed at how many people were wearing MCR shirts. It made me kind of happy, because I realized just how many fans there were.

We got inside after waiting in line for a bit, and I bought myself a hat since my hair was frizzing from the humidity. It was pretty useful actually. I was the only one that had bought one, so I stuck out like a big, black thumb. (I was in all black.)

My mom split up with us for a bit, and Kim and I discovered the Revolution Stage, where Madina Lake was just finishing up. They're an amazing band to say the very least. They had a Meet & Greet for everyone, but the line was so long that neither Kim nor I wanted to wait.

We were walking around and watching a bit of Styles of Beyond, which is a big rap band. They were pretty okay. My mom called me to say to get to the Dodge Music Building because people were lining up already. We got there, and my mom bought me a Coke since I was already sweating from the heat.

We met this girl who had brought a teddy bear for people in the MCRmy to sign, which I did, and so did Kim, even though she's not part of the MCRmy. We talked for about three hours as we waited for the doors to open. And within that time, we made friends, and my mom finally found the art book. Let me just say that the people on Projekt Revolution are extremely talented in art. And Ray Toro takes great photographs.

When the doors finally opened, we all sort of rushed inside to get a good spot. And we did! I was so relieved to see that, A; we were behind pretty short people. And B; we were three people away from the front.

These older guys, at least twenty-something, made talk with us, which was pretty cool. They were funny, and one of the men, who was with his wife, and was really, really nice, high-fived me when I said, "School is the spawn of the Devil." :]

Julien-K came out after a bit, and the crowd didn't really have a big reaction. I smiled though, at the lead singer, and he smiled back at me. That kind of made me feel good. And they're a pretty good band too. I caught the drummer's towel, but gave it to a girl who threw it in the air away because neither of us wanted it. Chester came out to sing one of the songs with Julien-K too. He sounds great live!

Placebo came out after wards, and they're amazing. I adore Brian Molko's voice now, especially live. It sounds nearly identical to what he sounds like on an album. I sang Meds, since I'm only just getting into them, that was really the only song that I relatively knew.

HIM was incredible. And the bassist was wearing an MCR shirt, which was pretty damn funny.

Taking Back Sunday was the highlight of Kim's day, according to her. They played:

What's It Feel Like to Be a Ghost?
MakeDamnSure
Liar (It Takes One to Know One)
You're So Last Summer
Cute Without the 'E' (Cut From the Team)
And some other songs that I forget the titles to.

Adam Lazzara looked at Kim apparently, and she was all smiles in the car about it.

Some guys had condoms with them, and decided to blow them up and throw them around the pit. One of them flew in front of Adam, and he said,

"Now that is disgusting. Necessary, but disgusting."

XD

I got into an arguement with some guy that kept crying, "Hail Satan!" about MCR. I obviously won the dispute, since he only knew a couple of songs, barely. He said that he liked their, "emo stuff," which made no sense. According to him, MCR encourages cutting and suicide. I nearly maimed him, but I didn't. I was too tired and too excited.

And then... MCR came on. It was nothing short of incredible. Gerard came out with his red bandanna over his mouth, Frank's hair is so freaking long now, Ray looked so happy and great, Bob looked very different from the last time I saw him live, and Cortez looked good too.

They played:

This Is How I Disappear
The Sharpest Lives
Welcome to the Black Parade
I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Helena
You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison
House of Wolves
Cancer
Mama
Teenagers
Dead!

Gerard randomly sang Umbrella too, which was so great. He sings it much better than Rihanna, I'll just throw that out there now.

I wrote 'Zodiac' on my arm too, and only a select group of people will know the true reason as to why.

I was so close too, I was almost overwhelmed by the very fact that I was close. And I swear it on my life that Gerard looked at me, and kind of sang in my direction. I was near passing out by then. Whenever they would shut off the lights after a song, I would breathe out and close my eyes, trying to steady myself.

Frankie put a condom on his microphone, and started pulling on it with his teeth during one of the songs. And I got a picture of it. :] It was hilarious.

Before Gerard sang Mama, he did this sort of polka thing, and started singing, "Everyone in the pit JUMP," or something along those lines. It was pretty funny.

Gerard also stated that Mikey "might be watching." Yes, of course, now that you threw it out there, no one will ever guess that Mikey's watching, Gerard. Haha. The crowd went wild when he said that.

I took so many good pictures with my camera phone and when I figure out how to transfer the photos to my computer, I'll put them up.

My face was dripping with sweat, I was refusing to put my arm down unless I needed to, and I was trembling from exhaustion and dehydration, but when Gerard said that they were going to take a "rock break," and that they were going to call someone up, I saw a flicker of hope.

But fucking alas, he chooses the girl in front of me. Like... directly in front of me. I started crying, actually. I was trying to hold it in, but a couple of tears fell. Frankie hugged her, Gerard gave her the microphone, and she got to go backstage. I think I felt my heart break a bit.

During the little rock break, the band had couches brought out and they drank lemonade. The MCRmy bear was perched on the back of Ray's neck, which I found kind of funny.

After the break, Frankie walks up with a Flava Flav clock around his neck, or at least, it was similar-looking, and a gas mask on. It was pretty damn cool, if I do say so myself. He threw the clock into the audience after swinging it around his head.

The crowd was begging for water, and Frank obliged. He threw every water bottle that he could grab into the pit, and some droplets hit me. Ray stood next to him and helped, which I found sweet.

During Prison, Gerard, as is now traditional for him, directed all of the guys to take off their shirts and swing them over their heads. The guy next to me immediately did so, and Gerard was like, "Yeah, you go dude!"

It caused a lot of air to sweep around me, which felt so very good.

There was no Frerard last night, but Gerard did teach us our bases. Quite amusing actually, and it made most girls go wild. (I also got a video of it. ;])

During Helena, Gerard decided to jump on the couch and pretend to fall asleep with the MCRmy bear clenched in his hands, and a boa...

The fire effects and the backdrop is so fucking fantastic! I fell in love with it...

Cancer was the last song, and I cried. I'll admit that I cried.

I was behind the same guy who had high-fived me by the end of the the set, and I asked him to get a guard's attention since I wanted out. Kim and I had gotten separated and decided to meet in the bathroom. I felt so bad, she said that she felt sick, and I was pretty much running on pure adrenaline.

We met up, and found my mom with a Mountain Dew for me, which I practically chugged. We sat on the grass while trying to figure out where to find MCR's bus so that I could give them The Black Parade. My mom found one of the security guards, who was nice, but told her he didn't know, and to check this closed off area. No one would take it to them, and I was kind of having a breakdown.

She found this girl who knew someone who could give it to the band. My mom told her that "my daughter wrote a retelling of The Black Parade, and it's over 40 pages long, and she worked so hard on it. So could you maybe give it to them?" The woman was kind of astonished, apparently, when my mom told her that, and said that she would find the person who would give it to them.

My contact info was in there, so maybe they'll e-mail me or call. Hell, I can dream, can't I?

We left without watching Linkin Park, since both Kim and I were dead on our feet, smelled of pot, cigarette smoke, sweat, water, and alcohol, and just didn't really want to watch that night.

I kind of couldn't believe it, and even though my legs were cramping, and I was passing out in the parking lot, I was just... Gah.

I got the art book, a hat, a Teenagers jersey, a PR bag, and a booklet.

Yesterday was just... incredible. Just...

Oh. My. God...

Projekt Revolution was one of the best days of my life.
August 28th, 2007 at 03:26am