One Direction Infection... is that what it's called? | Whoa, hello New Mibba!

I've come down with the dreaded One Direction Infection. I let those boys get to me. I watched the Kid's Choice Awards (initially for Will Smith) and when they performed I fell hard and I have yet to be able to get back up. I spent the entire following day watching their music videos and just obsessing over their beautiful faces like a maniac.

At first I was completely oblivious as to who they were. I follow a few people on Tumblr who like Big Time Rush and they'd occasionally talk about a "rivalry" between them and One Direction's fans or something but I just didn't pay any mind to it. And without my realizing it, I knew the lyrics to one of their songs - "What Makes You Beautiful" - because it came on the radio all the time and I'd heard it so often that I started to find it catchy and before I knew what was going on, I knew all the lyrics. So naturally I was excited when I found out they were singing it at the KCAs.

But since then, they've just completely ruined my life. I've bought all their songs, I've watched practically all of their interviews, I pre-ordered their Up All Night live tour DVD and I just recently bought a t-shirt from their site. And now I'm practically pulling my hair out because they're coming to my state in June and I tried buying tickets but they're completely sold out (I shouldn't be too surprised, they went on sale before I even became a fan of them) and I'm annoyed because on their North American tour next year, they're not coming back to Arizona. So I'm just asdlfjasdklgjuslh because I need to see them live more than I need to breathe and it's ridiculous but I'm starting to understand that it's practically impossible because their tickets are crazy expensive and like, I'm poor. This is what I get for falling in love with a boy band.

______

In other blatantly obvious news, New Mibba is here! Ever since Dujo made the post that it was launching in a few days, I've been checking the site religiously. Even though I haven't been very active on Mibba, like, at all these past few months, I still wanted to see what it would look like. And when I came on today and noticed how slow it was loading the My Mibba page, I just knew it was up. It's pretty slow but I guess that can be expected (or my computer just sucks which I wouldn't put it past my Internet). I'm a little iffy on the forums but it shouldn't take me too long to bounce back.

Ever since I found out about the blogs thing, I was really excited because I love posting journals on here and I thought the blog idea was a big improvement. So I'm happy with it, plus the fact that we can use layouts.

I almost had a heart attack when I went to my profile and didn't see my layout. But thankfully we can still view our old profiles as well. I'm going to be exploring this site for the next few days to reacquaint myself with everything. These changes are definitely interesting.

______

So what are your thoughts on the New Mibba? Any bands/musicians you've recently fallen in love with that you can't seem to get enough of?
May 24th, 2012 at 02:43am