So You Think You Hate "New Mibba"?

It's natural to be defensive when something is taken away from you and something new is granted. The new thing isn't meeting your expectations because you aren't used to it, you have to figure things out all over again and everything is just so...weird. But, lets face it, just because it's new, doesn't mean it's the worst thing on the planet.

Some of the things that people are complaining about:

Journals are gone and Blogs are in?
Don't be too scared. Your old journals have been transferred to your blog. The change was because journals are considered more personal forms of self reflection about the day, whereas they were being used along the lines of what blogs are used as: open communication about your day to the public. Blogs use gifs, are funny and are expected to be read by the public.

Stories
1. This has changed quite a bit, but let me tell you, it is incredible. Now there's an all new advanced search type deal for the posted stories page. Imagine being able to search for a specific genre and a specific rating in the Mibba Stories without being bogged down by all those other ratings/genres. Now you can! By far my favourite feature :)

2. People are really confused about how to post chapters or new stories.
a) How to post a new story: My Mibba - Stories - Post New Story (this is found as an aqua coloured box on the top right. Click, go forth and prosper :)
b) How to post a new chapter: My Mibba - Stories. Under any specific story there are links. One says "Chapters". Click that. The chapters to your story should pop up. Now click on that aqua coloured box that says "New Chapter".

3. At first there were no previous/next chapter buttons at the bottom of stories. This is fixed.

4. There is a Stories Help thread. Or you can just ask a Story Editor (like myself).

Layouts everywhere! Except where you want it.
Yes. there are poem layouts, there are blog layouts, there are story layouts, but where did your custom profile layout go? It's not as simple as you're used to anymore. You can't simply go to someone's profile and see their custom creativeness. Instead, when you go to someone's profile there is another one of those trusty aqua boxes to the right that says "Profile". Your old custom profile is right there. You haven't lost anything. For more information, there is a Profile help thread

What's really cool about the layouts is that you can create them using a specific story in mind.

What's going on with the new profiles?
1. There are medals and some people have a ton in different colours while some people only have one. Those represent your points. Woohoo :)

2. Can't seem to find where to access people's stories/articles/blogs/poems etc? Go to their profile. There's a handy bar up there, above the pictures. It will say something along the lines of: Info - Comments - Articles - Tutorials - Blog - Stories - Poems - Books - Friends. Roam free! :)

Books/Stories? What's the difference?
Stories are what we have written. They are unpublished (except to the Mibba website) and are not in a hard copy or in print. Books, on the other hand, are like recommendations for other users to read already published books like The Hunger Games or Harry Potter.

Story Subscriptions:
1. What order are they even in? They're in order of oldest story posted to newest. There's a handy "search bar" at the top of your page, so if you have 50 thousand stories you're subscribed to, then I suggest searching for it using the search bar :)

2. How do you know when they've been updated? You get an email notification, silly :)

It's SO SLOW....
Yep. When you were brand spanking new you were pretty slow too (no offence). Mibba's a baby again. A completely new site. There are kinks and people are being active like crazy. Not only is everyone (including myself) blogging about New Mibba, but everyone's going around and creeping over the entire site. They have to figure out how things work, where things went, and most importantly, see what they can complain about. Creep away :)

Give Me Back Old Mibba!
Sorry, love. New Mibba is here to stay. But, you'll get used to it. Everything's new, and you liked the familiarity of the old site. Think of this as an adventure. Roam free and check everything out :)

There is a New Mibba thread to check out all of your worries as well :)

I think I've covered the just of it. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me or any other staff over a private message (or on here) and we'll get back to you super quick!

--Sunny-Lee
May 24th, 2012 at 04:51am