New Mibba, Summer Goals, and Story Information

New Mibba
-
Like everyone else, I – for some reason – feel compelled to give my opinion about this New Mibba. Personally, I like it. Yes, I admit there is flaws but it's also new and it just started running for us so it'll take time for Dujo and everyone else who works on this website to straighten out the kinks. I like how many more options we have on this website; now, we can have all sorts of writers on here. Instead of just having stories, poems, and journals, we can have reviews, articles (although that came in a while back but now it's one of the very first options given in our selections of where we'd like to go so people will notice it more; most likely), recommendations for stories, and so on. Yes, I find that the new way to create layouts is different and difficult, but I'm sure with practice we will all be able to understand it and eventually find it easy. Really though, I think we all just need to take a deep breath and relax. Maybe you should stop trying to get so upset about all of this and just get use to it because – to be honest – I don't think it's going anywhere.
-
Summer Goals
-
Do you guys remember a year or so ago when everyone was doing the Thirty Days, Thirty Letters shtick? Well, this summer, once school and my exams are officially done, I was planning on taking the time to do my own. However, I'm not going to be like everyone else and post it in a story, because it's not a story. It's a letter, of sorts. Therefore, I'm planning to post it here, in my blog section – which for your information, I've never actually written a legitimate blog so sue me if I'm not doing it right (please don't take that literally; it's a figure of speech). Writing these letters is going to be a challenge in itself. I tried this once but gave up. However, I have decided to try it again. So when the time comes, it'll be thirty letters in thirty days. I hope I don't overdo the Mibba thing again with this though. Whenever something new on Mibba is introduced, I always end up spending a lot of time on it in the summer, and I'd like to spend this one outside. So here's to hoping I'm able to fulfill my summer goals: spending time outside and writing my thirty letters.
-
Story Information
-
Also, here's another thing: I have gotten a few ideas for both Flawed and the continuation of Down Into The Lake, so I've been trying to write as much as possible for both of them. However, I haven't decided whether I'm going to post either of the next chapters because these are the two stories that I'd like to turn into books later on. However, with Second Chance I do plan on eventually updating it. I thought a lot about it and I wasn't sure I would ever want to publish this story due to all the violence that happens at the beginning. Yes, it makes for a tragic beginning, and creates thrilling and unique characters, however I'm not sure it would make for a good book. If anything, I think Second Chance will be used as my test dummy – in the sense that, I will finish it, and that is how I will expand my writing, test its limits, and so on. However, I'm not sure when I'll have time to work on it. We'll see.
-
Anyways, cheers!
May 24th, 2012 at 05:02am